The nature activity par excellence
At the Reserve we have three main trails, each with its own charm. Regardless of which one you choose, you will be able to:
- Feed the monkeys, coatis, and birds (please only fruit, you can get it at the Visitor’s Center)
- Fulfill your hiking quota
- Get soothed by the green of the forest
- Smell the aroma of our coffee grove
- Quench your thirst for hanging bridges
- Justify having bought your new DSLR camera by taking breathtaking pictures of the Reserve, the lake, and its volcanoes
Our short loop crosses the coffee grove, has four hanging bridges, a 23 m (75 ft) high waterfall and an observation loop for spider monkeys and coatis. You can comfortably do it in 20 minutes.
Of course, you can always linger and surprise yourself with an unprogramed coati or a hummingbird.
The Full Ride
This longer loop goes across the coffee grove, six suspension bridges, an oak stand, and multiple picture-worthy views of the valley, the lake, and the volcanoes. You can comfortably do it in 1 hr.
The upper flat part of the trail goes along the water ditch that fed the Old Mill in the 1930’s.